Hey Everyone, I just got out of our staff meeting, and I wanted to share a few thoughts that I think would help our leaders, and volunteers..really this is for anyone, esp in the ministry. If you’ve got a vision for your life, PLEASE READ THIS! But must caution you, it’s very challenging, but it’ll also put a fresh wind in your sail!
1.Take a stand for Greatness :
- What is Greatness?
- What do consider greatness? If you could be remembered for 1 thing, what would it be?
- If you could only do 1 thing with your life & you knew you would not fail, what would you do?
- Until you understand what it is, you’ll never sell out. You’ve got to define what greatness is in your life.
2. What’s the original vision God placed upon you as a child?
- The Bible says, “Where there is no vision, the people cast off restraints.”
- MEANING: There’s nothing holding them. And if you don’t have anything holding you, esp in your job, more importantly the ministry, then you’ll easily give up.
-“Throw your heart over the bar & your body will follow.”- Norman Vincent Pealle
- Have you brought the bar down???
3. What’s really at Stake?
- What is IMPORTANT??
– Everyday we do our jobs someone’s life is at stake. There’s someone son, daughter, husband, wife, father or mother that we’re dealing with.
4. Listen to your HEART!
- From your heart comes words: love, live, spend.
- Solomon said, “Above all else…guard your heart.”
- Meaning: Out of the wise things he was going to say, the most important was guarding your heart. You love, life, spend, parent, speak from your heart!
– Sometimes we try to suppress this vision because God’s dealing with our heart.
-We can easily change the outside of our ways, we can act the part, but we start getting messed with when God really deals with our heart.
5. SPEAK UP!!
- To keep the vision alive- SPEAK UP
- ” A Goal is a vision you’ve given a voice to.” -Pastor Phil
– This is why people HATE goals.
-When you speak something, you’ve got to follow through.
– If I could do this myself, then it’s probably not God!
-God will not ask you to do something you can do on your own. He wants you to trust in Him!
6. Learn to be Stubborn!
- Never give up!!
– Who are people that you admire? – The QUITTERS? NO!!!
**You always admire those who never give up!
L.G. Hardwick, who is the Sr. Pastor of the 5000+ member Christ Church in Nashville, TN. He has been at that church as Pastor for 60yrs. as of this year! He built an amazing church there in Nashville, one of the most prominent in the country. This is what he attributes his success in ministry to:
- “My success has been, I’ve outlived all my Critics.”- L.H. Hardwick
- Pastor Brendon keeps telling me that we might not be able to outshine a lot of people. You might be more qualified, smarter, & better…You outshine me, but I’ll out last you. I’ll work harder & stay longer.
- It also goes back to what John Maxwell says, “Your talent carries you to places your character can’t sustain you.”
I hope this helps someone out. It really gave me a breathe of fresh air yesterday in our staff meeting. I was taking notes like crazy. There are some people you want to follow around with a voice recorder & Pastor Phil is that kind of guy.
Don’t let this fall on deaf ears, take it & apply it.
You’ve been challenged,